As the internationally-recognised training arm of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, the Singapore Aviation Academy (SAA) delivers 120 unique programmes annually to civil aviation authorities, airports, air navigation service providers, airlines and aerospace companies.
SAA conducts specialised aviation safety and security programmes such as:
• Surveillance and Auditing courses jointly organised with UK CAAi, FAA and LTT.
• ICAO Training Package (ITP): Government Safety Inspectors courses (e.g. Air Operator and Approved Maintenance Organisation Certification, Personnel Licensing, Air Operator Certification)
• Safety Management courses
• Human Factors in Aviation workshop
Specialised aviation degree and graduate diploma programmes are also offered jointly with reputable partners such as:
• PhD in Aviation, MBA in Aviation and MSc in Aeronautics with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (US);
• MSc in Air Transport Management with Cranfield University (UK); and
• Bachelor of Aviation Management by distance learning with Massey University (NZ)
As an ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS Full Member, SAA is one of the first few training centres to be designated an ICAO Regional Training Centre of Excellence. SAA is also endorsed as an ICAO Governement Safety Inspector Training Centre and ICAO Aviation Security Training Centre. In 2000, SAA was conferred the prestigious 34th Edward Warner Award by ICAO “in recognition of its eminent contribution as a centre of excellence in international civil aviation training”.
In addition to regular programmes, customised training programmes are also developed to meet specific training requirements in various aspects of planning, operations and management.
Dr Michael Lim