Present in Singapore since 1973, Thales is today involved in the primary businesses of Aerospace (including Air Traffic Management), Defence & Security, Ground Transportation and Digital Identity & Security in addition to a strong Research & Technology heritage.
Thales today employs over 2,100 people in Singapore across all its business areas, with 4 sites across the country [21 and 28 Changi North Rise; 12 Ayer Rajah Crescent and Digital Factory @ 8 Cross Street].
At 28 Changi North Rise, Thales has built strong industrial capability in avionics production and Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) to support the aerospace industry and regional airlines from Singapore.
The acquisition of Gemalto on 2nd April 2019 brought Thales an unrivalled portfolio of solutions based on technologies such as biometry, data protection and cybersecurity. In Singapore, Thales acquired a significant Digital Identity & Security manufacturing site at Ayer Rajah Crescent which is the only multi-products site for the Group, producing and supplying multiple products worldwide that serve the commercial and consultancy needs of diverse customers in the banking, telecommunications and government sectors.
In recent years, Thales has also enhanced its competencies in the field of Ground Transportation with significant resignalling projects for the Singapore MRT. Singapore also houses the Regional Integration Centre for Tramways, driving projects for countries like Taiwan from Singapore. Thales continues to be a strong contributor and solutions provider to the Singaporean Defence and Security ecosystem.
With a strong commitment to research and technology, Singapore houses Centres of Excellence (CoE) in radars, naval drones and space, as well as the regional Innovation Hub and Digital Factory, which engages customers and partners in user-centred innovation.
• Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) for avionics
• In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) equipment
• Production capacity in avionics and both commercial & military aerospace
• Manufacturing key systems for the Airbus A320, A350 and Boeing B787 fleets, including flight control computer displays and electrical systems
• Maintenance services and parts distribution to standard exchanges, access to spares pools, pre-owned equipment trading and full component availability packages
– Accredited manufacturing centre for Avionics products and Aircraft electrical systems.
– Production process from sub-assemblies integration till Finished Goods products, leading to Airworthiness approval such as EASA and FAA approval.
– Rigorous testing of products, including HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Test) and HASS (Highly Accelerated Stress Screen) testing, Endurance Ageing test and Full Functional Systems Electrical test. Delicate soldering and brazing are also performed on-site.
– Project transfer and Industrialization management from Prototype to New Product Introduction to Serial Production.
– Dedicated team of Supply Chain Management and Suppliers Performance Management.
– Maintenance, Repair, Overhaul of Avionics equipment.
– Technical support for Aviation equipment.
– Maintain updated database and evolution history of aircraft equipment.
– Aircraft On Ground services.
– Stockist of Avionics parts for Sales and Exchange.
– In Flight Entertainment services.
– Customer protection is of highest priority
– Systematic manufacturing processes
– Lean manufacturing and Kaizen approach
– Continuous Improvement mindset
– Well maintained and certified test means
– Detailed capacity analysis of test means
– Well-trained and certified personnel
– Strict Quality control system
– Full traceability of every product
– Best practice Supply Chain Management
– Well managed Project Industrial transfer
– Dedicated team of Product Managers to handle all products
– Dedicated team of Supplier Performance Managers to manage Suppliers
– Maturity program to improve production yields
Mr Nicolas ODILLE
Head of Country Business Unit, Avionics
Mr WEE Boon Chong
Vice President, Avionics Services Worldwide
Mr Guillaume BUNOZ
Vice President, In-Flight Entertainment & Connectivity, Asia Pacific
Ms Jasmine YAU
Industrial Director, Singapore Production Centre
Mr Manuj Prakash AGARWAL
Project Management, Drone Activities