Thales established its presence in Singapore in 1973 to support the expansion of aerospace-related activities in the Asia-Pacific region. Throughout the last four decades, the company grew from strength to strength and is today involved in the primary businesses of Aerospace (including Air Traffic Management), Defence & Security, Ground Transportation and Digital Identity & Security.
Thales today employs close to 2,000 people in Singapore across all its business areas, with 4 sites across the country [21 and 28 Changi North Rise; 12 Ayer Rajah Crescent and Digital Factory @ 5 Temasek Boulevard].
In Changi, Thales has built strong industrial capability in avionics production and Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) to support the aerospace industry and regional airlines from Singapore, including Singapore Airlines, Air Asia and Garuda Indonesia.
The acquisition of Gemalto on 2nd April 2019 brought Thales an unrivalled portfolio of solutions based on technologies such as biometrics, data protection and cybersecurity that support global banks, telecommunications providers, and government and enterprise customers.
With a strong commitment to research and technology, Singapore houses Centres of Excellence (CoE) in radars, naval drones and space, as well as the regional Innovation Hub and Digital Factory, which engage customers and partners in user- centred innovation.
• Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) for avionics
• In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) equipment
• Aircraft On Ground services
• Production capacity in avionics and both commercial & military aerospace
• Manufacturing key systems for the Airbus A320, A350 and Boeing B787 fleets, including flight control computer displays and electrical systems
• Maintenance services and parts distribution to standard exchanges, access to spares pools, pre-owned equipment trading and full component availability packages
• Accredited manufacturing center for Avionics products and Aircraft electrical systems
• Production process from sub-assemblies’ integration till Finished Goods products, leading to Airworthiness approval such as EASA and FAA approval
• Rigorous testing of products including HALT and HASS testing, Endurance Ageing test and Full Functional Systems Electrical test
• Project transfer and industrialisation management from Prototype to New Product Introduction to Serial Production
• Dedicated team of Supply Chain Management and Suppliers Performance Management
• Maintain updated database and evolution history of aircraft equipment
• Stockist of Avionics parts for Sales and Exchange
– Customer protection is of highest priority
– Systematic manufacturing processes
– Lean manufacturing and Kaizen approach
– Continuous Improvement mindset
– Well maintained and certified test means
– Detailed capacity analysis of test means
– Well-trained and certified personnel
– Strict Quality control system
– Full traceability of every product
– Best practice Supply Chain Management
– Well managed Project Industrial transfer
– Dedicated team of Product Managers to handle all products
– Dedicated team of Supplier Performance Managers to manage Suppliers
– Maturity program to improve production yields
Mr Francois PIOLET
AGS General Manager, APAC
Ms Jasmine YAU
Director, AVS APAC Industrial Centre (AAIC)
Mr Guillaume BUNOZ
Vice President IFE, APAC
Mr Manuj AGARWAL
Head of Drones Programme, APAC